Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 3


This past week was a little challenging for me time-wise.  With my SMART goal being to increase my vegetable intake by eating 4 servings daily, I ran into an issue with time management.  I still followed through with choosing more vegetables in my diet, but I had a few days where I simply did not have enough time to make anything for the entire week or time to get to the grocery store.  Luckily, I had lots of vegetables at home, but it made my week more challenging by only eating raw vegetables.  I ate lots of broccoli, carrots, celery, and I had an occasional salad with grape tomatoes and cucumbers.  All of these vegetables were even bought at Whole Foods (some were packaged, some not).  I still think I did a good job at keeping up with my goal, but I feel like this past week wasn't as "fun" as what it could have been like the previous week.

I think the one thing I learned this week is that I personally need to plan out how I will bring vegetables into my meals.  I feel like this week was a lot tougher to get through because I didn't have a set dish for the week.

I plan to find another fun and easy recipe for this week so I can keep the excitement in eating fruits and vegetables.

3 comments:

  1. I think planning your meals out for the week would allow you to definitely add more vegetables to your diet. By planning it out you also could make food in advance, like the day before, to decrease prep time if you are in a crunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Planning is always the hardest part, it takes a lot to sit down and figure out what you are going to eat ahead of time. But once you do have a plan, it makes it easier to follow through. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that finding the time to eat healthy is a struggle for everyone, since it's not always convenient. But planning ahead will really help with that! I've always read that portioning out your snacks and meals for the week helps out a lot, so you could try doing that!

    ReplyDelete