Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Eye Opener: CSPI

Here are my results from taking the Score Your Diet quiz:

My best numbers were from eating lots of vegetables and nuts, as well as eating lots of fruits.  I enjoy eating vegetables, especially fruits.  I like to eat a variety of nuts from Whole Foods as snacks while I'm at school.  I scored lowest on my cheese and beef/chicken intake.  I was surprised these lowered my grand total so much because I really didn't think I ate that much animal product.  I knew the cheese would lower my score because I LOVE cheese.  

I would say I need the most help in my health and animal welfare because of the dairy I eat.  Dairy should be consumed sparingly, but I do try and eat low fat or fat free options.  I will try and eat less cheese and try and not to eat so much animal product!

Overall, these quizzes and informational websites opened my eyes to what I consumer compared to what I should consume.  I think I am better with my choice in foods than some people, and I didn't think my scores would be so undermining.  I am still willing to take charge of my habits and try to strive to eat organic greens and fruits as much as possible to help me with my health and the environment.





3 comments:

  1. The fact that we eat so much more meat is surprising. I wonder why this is, and I am excited to start my own work on this assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These online quizes are so informative, it really makes you look at yourself and see what effect your diet has on both yourself and the environment/animals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cheese too and find it really hard to not eat too much of it! Right now I am trying to cut back on my dairy intake but it's not easy. I think these online quizzes were pretty informative and make you think about your diet in a different way.

    ReplyDelete