Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Welcome to Tropical Environments With Niki J!


My name is Niki, and I am currently a Junior at UMD.  I'm majoring in Community Health Education and am planning on graduating in the spring of 2013.  After I graduate UMD, I will be (hopefully) accepted into the Dental Hygiene program at Lake Superior College.  I am very eager to start the program there because I have wanted to be a dental hygienist for a long time!  I'm a very active person and am always doing something; I'm captain of the Dance Team, I work as a PCA and an instructor/choreographer at a local dance studio, and I have an awesome group of friends and family.  This blog began with the Environmental Health class I'm taking with Dr. Versnik Nowak.  I plan to use this blog as a means of gathering my thoughts, ideas, and opinions when it comes to anything that deals with the environment.  I love tropical environments, so I plan to post a few fun and interesting sites about cool places to visit, too.

There are 5 possible types of posts on my blog.  They include:

    1.  Advocacy Project
    2.  Eye Openers
    3.  Reflections
    4.  Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change
    5.  Share and Voice

If you notice at the bottom of this post, the categories will be listed as labels.  This post is has been labeled with all five kinds of posts.  (Use the "label actions" feature in the edit posts tab to add the labels.)  You will also see the number of each kind of post in my Labels Gadget at the top of the page.  (Place labels gadget below blog header but above blog text).  All post titles from now on will begin with one of the categories above.

The members of my web group are:

1. Dr. V. and Kristen@Enviro-Surfing With Amy and Kristen
2. Ruthanne @ Ruthanne's Raindrops
3. John @ To The Boundary Waters With John
4. Hannah @ Hannah's Eco Safari

You can subscribe to my blog by clicking the subscribe gadget in the gadget column.  You can also follow my blog by clicking "Follow this Blog" in the gadget column.  You can see my complete profile and all the blogs I am following by clicking on "See Complete Profile".


I hope you all will enjoy what I have to say!

4 comments:

  1. Hello Niki! I noticed via Dr. V's blog you weren't too confident in your first post so I figured I'd stop by to offer some assistance. You may want to go back to Dr. V's blog or mine and reference the different sections of this first post, as I believe you are mostly just missing the bottom part of the post (where you list your web group and links to their pages, which can be found on the course calendar), as well as another minor paragraph or two. If you need any further help just comment back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Niki. The Hannah that you want to link to is Hannah@Hannah's Eco Safari.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great tips for beginning bloggers! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete